Saturday, June 23, 2018

Saying Goodbye at the Cathedral

In the early morning I went to the cathedral to have breakfast with the men and women who live and work at the cathedral. Here, Fr. Huan, Fr. Nam, and Fr. Bo join me for a cup of traditional Vietnamese tea.
Fr. Bo and I. He is the one who looks out for me. The first thing he brings me when I come is a couple of six-packs of Ensure! He doesn't want me to lose weight when I'm there.
Here are the four of us.
Fr. Vinh joined Fr. Bo and I for this photo. Vinh and Dinh both studied for eight years in Rome, and I missed having them around in the summers. This time I got to watch him concelebrate and I was so proud.
After breakfast, I went to see the music class. Here, all ages from the diocese come to learn how to sing, read music, and play the keyboard. The sang traditional Vietnamese songs for me and I taught them Doe, a Deer. As usual, we laughed more than we talked.
I also spent time with The and Peter working on a translation of a book for the seminarians. Here are The and I. He's working hard on his English and hoping to come to the U.S. someday to study the language.