Saturday, June 16, 2018

New Shirts (almost)

The weather is hot and humid in Vietnam, and the shirts I had made here for the weather are now eight years old. It was time for some new ones, so Fr. An took me to two important people to fix the situation. First we had to buy the fabric.
This is Ninh on the right and her daughter. There were so many types of material to choose from and making a decision was difficult. This shop is on the ground floor of their beautiful and immaculate home. I finally decided on four, so we took some pictures and then went to the second stop.
This is Cuoung, my new personal tailor. He is a classmate of Fr. Vong from high school and I was given the VIP treatment. He measured me to get just the right fit. It's important that the shirt not be so tight that it becomes hot or too loose so that it looks too big. He said the four shirts will be ready in five days. Can't wait for the big reveal.