Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Getting There



 So the plane left from San Francisco Airport early on Sunday morning. Danny took me to the airport and kindly waited until I get lost in the mob going through security. I got to fly on one of the newest planes that had those LED lights which could turn the cabin  different colors. Here is a picture I took of the lights while I waited for the restroom. Dang, all of them were on so they only looked white.
 I flew Korean Air, and here I am up in the transfer lounge waiting to go to Hanoi. They have free showers and even a small library in which to relax. I was tempted to get something to eat, but I already had breakfast on the first plane and I knew there would be another on the second. I felt like a Hobbit: Sure, we had first breakfast, but what about second breakfast?
 Terminal in Seoul had this massive ribbon LED panel hanging from the ceiling. It was mesmerizing, with beautiful shapes and vivid colors going across. Amazing.
This is the view from the end of the terminal looking back. The expanse is breathtaking. I got there at 4 in the morning, so I had the place almost to myself.  But soon it was time to board for Vietnam.