Sunday, June 10, 2018

A Walk and a Lunch

 Saturday morning I took a walk by myself. It was relatively quiet on the streets. Here is an ad hoc market on the sidewalk selling fruits and vegetables. I stopped and got an iced coffee while I roamed around. It's good to be by yourself on a trip, to gather your thoughts and come back refreshed.
For lunch, we walked about five blocks to a huge restaurant that only served fresh food. Here are the makings for my Vietnamese taco. I couldn't believe how sweet the pineapple was. And that potato chip was freshly made and oh, so wonderful.
 Here is Binh with here gigantic Vietnamese baked taco. It was filled with incredibly delicious shrimp with a slightly sweet flavor. Large, but light.
 Never underestimate the power of food to invigorate the young ones. Nam Vu, me, and Nam.
One big picture before we go, then work to do in the afternoon.